Thursday 1 May 2008

Semi secret, semi self-obsessed

I have removed the facebook import of this blog so that I can safely post here without the whole world knowing I just wrote something. This blog has been dormant a while, so I'm guessing it gets checked rarely if at all but perhaps some people savvy with feeds will read this. And new stalkers could still find it if they trawl carefully enough.

I still feel self conscious about the self publicity, self obsessed nature of a blog, especially as my life now is probably not as interesting now as when I was travelling. But I may have some things to say, as new environments and new experiences always give us new perspectives. So I don't mind a few close friends reading here if they are interested. And I think blogs are becoming more socially acceptable with the advent of facebook.

I was also toying with a more anonymous outlet for some of my more crazy-controversial-devil's-advocate-test-the-water-speculations but that isn't getting the readers I thought it might. So I may also post some of those here toned down and with appropriate this-is-not-my-actual-opinion disclaimers.

So give me a shout if you're reading this. Or I may plough on and post some stuff anyway, if I don't get distracted by life. And if for some reason facebook still imports this post I will feel rather stupid!

Postscript: 9/9/08
I've decided it is better to be less secret, less self obsessed and more read.  And the controversial stuff has yet to materialise so I am re-enabling the facebook import!

3 comments:

Ben said...

Me. I'm reading! Let's hear what you have to say.

kate said...

Hey, I don't know if I know who you are, but we seem to have mutual friends! (Ms. Finvara, and the British Jordanian duo) So if you don't know who I am, this may freak you out. Ha HA. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog where you mentioned Lonely Planet while I was googling info on guide books for Ecuador. I'm traveling in October: Quito and area, Machalilla nat'l park, Guayaquil. I'm reading everything I find, so keep writing about what you find there!